IPA II MONITORING COMMITEES
In order to monitor the Competitiveness and Innovation Sector Operational Programme (CISOP) to be implemented under the IPA II Period, CISOP Sectoral Monitoring Committee (SMC) has been established with the participation of relevant public bodies and economic and social stakeholders. The Committee is co-chaired by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology and the European Commission DG for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR).
Tasks of the CISOP Sectoral Monitoring Committee are as follows:
• Consider and approve the general criteria for selecting the operations and approves any revision of those criteria in accordance with programming needs;
• Review at each meeting progress towards meeting the objectives, achieving the planned outputs and results, and assessing the effectiveness, efficiency, quality, coherence, impact, and sustainability of the on-going programmes and actions while ensuring coherence with the on-going policy dialogue, the related national and regional sector strategies and multi-country and/or regional activities in the country;
• Review annual implementation reports, including financial execution of the actions;
• Examine relevant findings and conclusions as well as proposals for remedial follow-up actions stemming from the on-the-spot checks, monitoring and evaluations, if available;
• Discuss any relevant aspects of the functioning of the management and control systems;
• Discuss any problematic issues and actions;
• If necessary, consider or make proposals to amend programmes and any other corrective action to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the actions and enhance the efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of IPA II assistance;
• Review information, publicity, transparency, visibility and communication measures taken in accordance with article 23 and 24 of the Framework Agreement.